Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Changing the World

I want to do more.  Make a bigger impact. 

When I was a teenager I dreamed of doing mission work.  It was the grandest version of serving the Lord I could imagine.  And I wanted to "go big".  Rocking orphans in the middle of Africa has never transpired.  I never traveled beyond the ocean to tell people about Jesus. 

I want to change the world.  Rescue an orphan.  Feed the hungry.  Save all the strays. 

When my eight-year-old goes on and on about Blockland and the store he "built" there today, I realize, sincerely listening to him will change his world. 

As the toddler climbs onto my lap and I squeeze him, kissing his chubby cheek, I realize, I am changing his world.

Praying with my girls when I tuck them into bed and answering Rose's question, "Why don't I hear God?" will change her world. 

It is small things.  Providing a home and being a mother changes, alters, each of the human beings linked to my day to day.  I have the power to heal them with my words, or tear them down. I have the power to affect their world. 

And I am suddenly humbled.  Staggered with the responsibility of their world and the big impact I make every day. 


 All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children.  -Isaiah 54:13

No comments:

revolutionary love

I have experienced revolutionary love. Love with no strings attached. Jesus Christ loves me and made a way for me to have a relationship with the One True God. God desires a relationship with you, too. If you have yet to experience this revolutionary love, please email me at jandjkeys@hotmail.com so I can share this amazing experience with you. Blessings, -Jess